Senior Network Support Specialist – Sault Ste. News Mary
GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering exceptional gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery and land-based casino channels. In our 2019-2020 fiscal year alone, OLG achieved net income of over $2.3 billion in the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world-class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need an enthusiast Senior Network Support Specialist Perform day-to-day administration, management, monitoring, maintenance and recovery of technology infrastructure and systems such as storage/SAN, network (UC)/voice/data including network security and the Internet, and related components, devices and appliances. Enables the delivery of secure, predictable, stable and available services to OLG as needed to meet or exceed SLAs. Oversee vendor, project and currency opportunities to improve, upgrade and secure network infrastructure.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Attached to the Sr Manager Network Operations, you will be required to:
- Perform daily infrastructure systems maintenance activities for key infrastructure component systems and services and support the data center to ensure stable operations in various environments
- Implements systems and services based on best practices of knowledge management practices and benchmarks (policies, standards and procedures) to meet predefined benchmarks/KPIs/SLAs
- Performs day-to-day system support for server, storage, and network, including providing tiered infrastructure support following infrastructure best practices to deliver consistent quality output
- Identifies, assesses and communicates infrastructure operational risks and contributes to infrastructure operations planning and escalates as necessary
- Contributes to infrastructure knowledge management by creating a library of repeatable processes, tools, documentation related to all infrastructure components (product, service, hardware, software, etc.)
- Resolves and restores systems and services to normal operations resulting from incidents, outages, etc. to minimize business interruptions
- Proactively monitors infrastructure components consistently to identify changes in status or behavior to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Researches emerging infrastructure technology technologies and industry trends (e.g., processes, tools, etc.) and provides educational awareness through every customer interaction to aid customer adoption. final user
- Recommends process and environment improvements that reduce risk and improve efficiency and SLA metrics.
- Assist in root cause analysis, research and development of solutions for new and unknown infrastructure system issues to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Executes the daily lifecycle of infrastructure systems operations, from defining the release strategy for change projects to developing detailed task planning of release activities, preparation, and service acceptance and service transition (including documentation review) to ensure consistency
- Executes the change, release and incident management process within the context of infrastructure systems operations to ensure business continuity
- Performs trend analysis and monitoring of infrastructure components to proactively avoid resource shortages and ensure SLA commitments are met.
- Identify opportunities to leverage cloud-based technologies to enable infrastructure operations as recommended in the cloud strategy, identify associated impacts and provide recommendations.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: Minimum of two (2) years of experience in progressive positions within technology or related functions | Minimum of two (2) years of experience in infrastructure operations | Proficiency in nineteen (19) of the above core skill areas listed above
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in the field of information systems, business administration and/or project management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Critical Skills: Main knowledge around: Server software (including O/S and support tools) | Network devices and devices, including software and hardware | Performance measurement and tuning | Server hardware | Storage/SAN hardware | Virtualization technologies | Hardware Installation and Support | Network administration | Data Networks | Voice networks | Local Area Networks (LAN) | Virtual Private Networks (VPN) | Wide Area Networks (WAN) | Network Operations | Local network administration | Networking/Communications Hardware | Wireless technologies | VoIP technology | Network Performance Management | Storage Area Networks | Storage Management | Data Protection Technologies | Technical troubleshooting | Cloud Resource Management | Firewall Management | Network and Internet Security | Secondary knowledge around: Improvement of technological services | Technology Systems Management | Technology Incident Management | Product Change Management | Problem management
Negotiation and influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with the ability to immerse themselves in unique challenges and find creative solutions
Cooperation and fun: inclusive and collaborative working style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that returns all profits to the province and the people of Ontario
- Flexible work environment: to help balance work and life
- You count: family-friendly work practices and remote work
- Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to succeed
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Ontario government
- Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success (permanent OLG employees only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a several billion dollars organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation to become customer obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be based on real, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for Ontarians. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by October 5, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.